We are working with a leading coffee roasters based in London they are looking for an experienced Technical Service Manager to operate out of their London workshop. The Technical Service Manager will provide technical and engineering support for key accounts across London, the South East and the South Coast. The incumbent will be expected to service, maintenance and install espresso and filter equipment working with La Marzocco, Kees van der Western, Nuova Simonelli and Bunn.
We are ideally looking for someone with speciality industry experience who has the ability to drive technical operations forward. The ideal candidate will possess a technical or engineering capacity within coffee or a comparable sector.
Duties & responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be expected to work some weekends and unsociable hours required including early mornings and late evenings as my client has a weekend rotations in operation.
- Ideally you will based out of their coffee shop and workshop in London, however duties will sometimes require the Technical Service Manager to work remotely on the road servicing machines across the South-East, therefore a full UK driving licence is required.
- You will have previous experience with maintaining stock and parts inventory in your service van and workshop.
- The right candidate will be involved with scheduling service work and managing a diary of appointments and customers’ expectations. You will also be responsible for liaising with contractors to book appointments where necessary.
- This job will require lifting of heavy machinery and equipment therefore practical working knowledge of H&S practices are imperative.
- Min 2 years’ experience working in the specialty hot drinks industry
- Min 1 year experience working within a technical or engineering capacity within coffee or a comparable sector