An award winning property development company has been rapidly expanding their team over the last 2 years are now looking for an experienced Technical Manager to join their experienced team in Leatherhead. You will ensure information is produced, checked and distributed on programme to the correct quality and within budget to enable effective sub-contract procurement and build programme to be met.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for detail and design; possess the ability to work as part of a team, work to tight deadlines, with the desire to succeed within a well-established and reputable property development company.
- In all matters to refer where necessary for advice and guidance to line managers and other senior staff.
- Check all drawings to ensure proposals / details are practical and economic and where necessary improvements which will result in cost / time reductions.
- Ensure Consultants are appointed in sufficient time to meet the agreed programme following sign off from senior staff.
- Ensure clearance of Building Regulations and other relevant conditions.
- Prepare and update specifications in association with the Sales and Commercial departments.
- Ensure the effective co-ordination of planning, Design Freeze and working drawings ensuring that discrepancies are reported and agreed.
- Organise the approval of specialist drawings through consultants as necessary.
- Resolve design and building problems contacting relevant personnel and consultants as appropriate.
- Liaise with Land, Planning, Building and Sales Departments.
- Approve consultants claim for payment in conjunction with Technical Director.
- Prepare and submit information pursuant to planning conditions.
- As required, evaluate requirements for Code for Sustainable Homes and seek the most economic way forward.
- Obtain service information and quotations and place order to meet the building programme following the relevant approval. Organise for disconnection or alteration of existing services for building purposes.
- Organise / procure postal addresses, SAP calculations, heating layouts, sanitary ware schedules and other pertinent technical information that may be applicable.
- Organise and administer where relevant Section 38, Section 104, Section 278 Agreements where necessary.
- Organise consultants to carry out all necessary site surveys, soil report and contamination report etc.
- Perform duties as CDM Co-ordinator referring to the Build Director (acting as Principle Contractor) where necessary.
- Under the duties above, to prepare pre-construction information plans, issue F10’s, review where requested Health and Safety documentation and method statements.
- Prepare and Operations and Maintenance Manual incorporating a Health and Safety File for hand over to Management Company.
- Register sites with NHBC and Local Authority where appropriate.
- Ensure that the Technical Budget is updated as necessary with all orders placed, and all invoices paid.
- Place contracts within budget values where possible, seeking confirmation of order prior to proceeding and consulting Technical Director for guidance of the consultants’ quotation exceeds the budget value.
- Attend to consultant’s contract administration.
- Comply with Company contracts, regulations and administration systems in force at the time.
- Keep up to date with correct building products, techniques, regulations and legislation that may impact the performance of the required duties.
- If requested to write to consultants of delays / additional costs occur and give appropriate notices where necessary regarding contra charges.
- The preparation and submission of planning information pertinent to the discharge of planning conditions.
- Ensure appointment of consultant to prepare all relevant reports and submissions for the Code for Sustainable Homes.
- Ensure Party Wall surveyors are appointed where relevant.
When agreed with the Managing Director and Technical Director:
- Revise Consultants programme o Alter the Company’s standard Consultants Contract Terms and Conditions
- Agree initial, or subsequently alter professional fees
- Withdraw or reduce the value of the contra charges
- Increase the value of the Consultants accounts
- Employ or dismiss staff
- Terminate Consultants contract
- Execute legally binding agreement.
- Strong auditing skills and diligent
- Experienced Technical Manager
- Professional attitude
- Ability to communicate well at all levels and with all parties
- Potential for management or experience of people
- Hands on approach and willing to take responsibility
- IT Literate
- Good people skills