I am looking for a Technical & Innovation Director who has an established reputation within the food industry and will sit on the Board within a leading food company based in the South East. The incumbent will be charged with developing robust strategies that cover innovation and technical aspects. These will be reviewed and monitored so that the organisation has prepared plans in order to reflect the constant changes in the market and from consumers
The incumbent will also ensure product conformity and food safety through robust process control. This is to include conformity to food manufacturing standards.
The right candidate must set an agenda across manufacturing. This requires a radical and marked change approach through leveraging external partners, institutions and universities. This role is about industry leading thinking and practice. The successful candidate will be a learning expert with the ability to address the future of food production just as strongly as the ability to achieve excellence in manufacturing today.
This successful candidate will be responsible for developing the consultancy division of the business operating outside of the UK.
• Technical Expertise in food manufacturing, food science and food microbiology are a must including advanced knowledge of all related standards
• Innovation delivery
• Strong strategic thinking and implementing a strategic plan from conception through to implementation.
• Strong collaboration and people management skills
• High external orientation
• Excellent organisational awareness
• Strong project management, of leading, managing and supporting projects.
• Excellent influencing and communication skills
• High Standards of Leadership and Management
• Highly adaptable and flexible in working within a change environment.
• Maintain, develop and lead the food safety management system i.e. HACCP and Q.M
• Lead or assist with all site audits, currently carried out by BRC, STS, BSA, EHO, Trading standards and customers.
• Carry out supplier audits as required, ensuring re-audits are scheduled and completed at required frequency
• Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation as well as customer and food safety requirements.
• Strong track record of demonstrable success in Innovation and Technical required.
• Prior experience and involvement in lean manufacturing programs.
• Operated at board level
• Experience of managing and leading multi-site manufacturing facilities and teams
• Learning expert, has ability to teach and coach with experience in assessing training needs and managing staff development programmes.
• Experience of delivering innovative changes from conception through to implementation.
• Strong customer relationships and proven experience in developing contacts and networks within the industry.
• Experience of working in a changing environment and has proven experience of managing and leading positive change.
• Knowledge and experience of compliance, social responsibility with regards to waste and relevant legislation for Food Safety.
• Experience and knowledge of managing and conducting customer and supplier and industry audits.
• Degree level qualification in a food related discipline
• Expert knowledge of the BRC standards.