I am currently working with a consultancy who are able to offer a wide range of professional advice through all stages of a project.
These services can be provided separately as discrete packages or seamlessly as the professional team for the whole project. At all times they are totally committed to the needs of the client and take huge pride in providing a high quality service regardless of the size of scheme.
From offices in Oxfordshire and Hertfordshire, All works are throughout the UK and employing a multi-professional team of engineers, surveyors and experts in all types of construction projects. For over 40 years the firm has grown steadily and taken a wide range of clients from both public and private sectors.
An established an impressive reputation for its valuable contribution to projects at all stages, from inception to completion. Experts are available to offer comprehensive advice from initial feasibility and planning, through detailed design to construction and post-project support.
I am looking to recruit a Senior Transport Planner as soon as possible due to an increase in work load within the Transport & Highways team. This is a permanent vacancy at a Didcot office with a salary range of £40,000 – £50,000 depending on experience. We would expect to pay towards the £50,000 mark for somebody closer to/at a Senior level. You must have a minimum of 5 years’ UK based experience within a consultancy environment.
Main duties and tasks:
A Senior Transport Planner will ordinarily undertake the following tasks:
- Carry out site appraisals, feasibility studies and provide pre-application advice
- Prepare Transport Assessments and Transport Statements
- Undertake traffic modeling and junction capacity assessments
- Liaise with clients, project team members and local authorities
- Attend meetings with local authorities and / or other members of the project team
- Oversee and co-ordinate whole projects and packages of work including managing their finances
- Prepare fee proposals and invoices
- Enhance and promote the image of the company’s Consultants by their actions
This team undertakes the following tasks:
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice
- Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans to accompany planning applications
- Traffic modelling and junction capacity assessments
- Highway design
- Road Safety and Non-Motorised User Audits
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for a Senior Transport Planner. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our client
Relevant skills & experience
- Qualified to a minimum of degree level in an appropriate subject
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-graduate experience
- An ability to lead/manage projects including their finances
- An ability to deal with clients and other professionals
- An ability to professionally represent the company
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An ability to work within a team
- An ability to use TRICS, ARCADY, PICADY, TRANSYT and LinSig
- Experience in preparing complex Transport Assessments
- Experience with undertaking and/or interpreting micro-simulation traffic modelling using Paramics or VISSIM or network modelling using SATURN
- Experience of appearing at and preparing report to support Planning Appeals, Public Enquiries and Examinations in Public
- Experience with Stopping Up and Traffic Regulation Orders
- Experience with highway design and Road Safety Audits
- Experience of promoting large scale residential development through the Local Plan Process, with associated preparation of relevant evidence base
- An ability to prepare firm and robust rebuttals to statutory consultees through the planning process including negotiating positive results for our clients
- An ability to win new work and potentially expand the business to new areas
Remuneration and training
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation.
The company contributes to regular social events, such as go-karting, theatre trips, golf, bowling etc. There is a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from ‘on the job training’ in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses. The breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills
|Contact Name:||Sam Annis|