My Client operates a network of around 45 branches and depots locations where accommodation and storage units are prepared for rental or sale and are refurbished as required. The company’s legacy is grounded in its reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations and consistent product innovation.
For this roles we are looking for ‘major projects Estimators’ who have worked on projects that are worth £3-10million. It would be a massive advantage if you have worked for one of the Tier 1 Construction companies such as Balfour Beatty, Carillon, Kier Group, Laing O’Rourke etc. They are looking to pay a salary of around £50-60k.
To ensure that incoming enquiries into the business for both Sale and Rental opportunities are dealt with in a professional, timely manner, are accurate in order to maximize the best margin or return possible for the business. You will be reporting directly to the Estimating manager.
- Review incoming enquiries, establishing the full scope of works, identifying both items of in-house manufacture and subcontract specialist services, liaising with Sales to resolve queries
• Liaison with external suppliers and Subcontractors over identified services ensuring that the services that they are offering are compliant with our clients needs, where not clearly identify and qualify.
• Qualify bid with any necessary risk items and exclusions/qualifications.
• Produce an accurate estimate of cost for each individual project from the estimate system/drawing and/or template creating and sourcing special non-standard prices and entering onto the system to develop the database for future use. Estimates created using Excel. Apply margins and ROI’s in accordance with the companies pricing policy.
• Produce specification (Word) and presentational information to compliment the drawing and estimate.
• Liaise with internal departments such as Purchasing, Development, Electrical over their relevant areas of work, as well as subcontractors for quotations for non in-house items
• Attend in-house & external project meetings as necessary, to enable the successful and cost effective running of enquiries.
• Be mindful of deadlines and achieve where possible but keep all involved informed of any delays.
Job experience & skills requirements
• Good communication/presentation skills
• Working well as a team and on own initiative when necessary
• Capable of meeting deadlines
• High level of drive, energy and initiative, entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
• Good team player
• Good numeracy and computer skills
• Knowledge of materials/construction methods
• Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
• Experience within the System Building Market would be extremely useful
Some travel will be required
Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
Recognised building qualification ONC, HNC or degree would be an advantage. Solid experience in a similar level role