I am currently working with a consultancy who are able to offer a wide range of professional advice through all stages of a project.
These services can be provided separately as discrete packages or seamlessly as the professional team for the whole project. At all times they are totally committed to the needs of the client and take huge pride in providing a high quality service regardless of the size of scheme.
From offices in Oxfordshire and Hertfordshire, All works are throughout the UK and employing a multi-professional team of engineers, surveyors and experts in all types of construction projects. For over 40 years the firm has grown steadily and taken a wide range of clients from both public and private sectors.
An established an impressive reputation for its valuable contribution to projects at all stages, from inception to completion. Experts are available to offer comprehensive advice from initial feasibility and planning, through detailed design to construction and post-project support.
You must have a minimum of 4 years’ UK based experience within a consultancy environment. I really need somebody with this minimum level of experience as they would need to hit the ground running as the departments work load remains high. This is a permanent role and the Directors are not willing to consider contract staff. We do not have a salary range for this vacancy as such, as we do not want to rule out any good candidates on this basis and as the requirement is for somebody with 4 + years’ experience. There are a few bands this would cover depending on their level of experience.
Main duties and tasks:
A Senior Civil Engineer will ordinarily undertake the following tasks:
- Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advise clients accordingly.
- Prepare outline and detailed designs of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services .
- Produce technical and pre-planning reports on flood risk, drainage, utilities and geo-environmental issues, and / or check reports produced by others .
- Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities.
- Enhance and promote the image of the company’s Consultants by their actions.
This team undertakes the following tasks
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application planning advice .
- Design of roads, drainage, retaining walls, bridges and earthworks .
- Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments and Phase 1 Geo-Environmental Appraisals.
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and experienced engineer. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our clients.
Relevant skills & experience
- Minimum qualification – degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years’ post-qualification experience in civil engineering design
- Experience in the use of industry-standard design software packages, such as Micro Drainage
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions
- Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
- Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
- An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
- An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
- Good commercial awareness
- An ability to work well with others as part of a team
Remuneration and training
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation.
The company contributes to regular social events, such as go-karting, theatre trips, golf, bowling etc. There is a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from ‘on the job training’ in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses. The breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skils