Sales and Operations Manager
A leading manufacturer Based in South Wales is recruiting a Sales and Operation Manager on a permanent position, who will be responsible for growing and overseeing the company’s UK sales operations. The incumbent will be the primary point of contact for the Sales Team, Professional Services, Marketing, Finance and other departments. My client products are used in the foundation industry namely piles for marine construction, port and jetty construction.
The postholder will ultimately manage the Sales Support team who are responsible for inbound and/or outbound lead generation for new product sales. The Sales Operations Manager will also be responsible for sales forecasting, analytics, productivity, CRM maintenance and other sales support functions. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Destination & Compass – Has a written Sales Support goals, has written strategic plan, writes compelling SMART goals and is committed to them, knows what must be done and why, has a developed action plan and follow the action plan, has determined possible obstacles and has a plan to deal with the obstacles, has check points and debriefs daily, and continuously monitors performance of lead generation.
- Outlook – Believes in self, company and marketplace and is passionate about learning and growing. Takes responsibility for own success, doesn’t externalize, accepts challenges, does not take “no” as failure, but as an opportunity to succeed.
- Communication –Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution.
- Character – Demonstrates unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others; Consistently models desired behaviors and values established by the company; Respects diversity of perspective in discussions and demonstrates an inclusive style; Demonstrates concerns for job safety for self and others.
- Sales Acumen – Doesn’t take things personally, knows what to say or do at the appropriate time; Is cool under pressure and is prepared for whatever the prospect or client does or says; Doesn’t strategize “on the fly”, doesn’t over analyze, and stays in the moment; Asks thoughtful questions, displays effective listening, demonstrates product value; Is tenacious, maintains continuous contact with prospects and clients to establish need(s); Demonstrates effectiveness in linking product features/benefits to client needs.
- Results Orientation – Makes fact based decisions and follows through to completion, analyses and uses data to achieve sales goals, drives execution, initiates action and follow-ups to successful completion, effectively demonstrates how solutions will solve prospects or client’s problem(s), continuously conducts post call debriefs and performs pre-call strategies.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE :
- A bachelor’s degree in finance or economics
- Sales experience specifically at a steel pipe manufacturing organisation which has a UK and international presence. The candidate shall also have experience in maritime transportation, chartering operations and Free Zone regulations / operations (especially in Free Zones located at Turkey) and shall have held senior roles in organisations that operate in foundation/construction projects in the steel manufacturing sector.
- Ability to communicate fluently in Turkish with senior personnel and officers at Group Company level, including its CEO, Board of Directors and shareholders. The language used in that correspondence and at senior meetings will be in Turkish.
- Experience managing Sales Support teams with demonstrated new sales track record & quota attainment.