The purpose of the job is to provide rural valuation, land agency and management advice for retained clients from the Gloucester office and to cover the wider west country and south Wales regions.
To develop work from new and existing sector client contacts, in association with other Team colleagues and BK Offices regionally.
Projects to be undertaken based from the Gloucester office and there is an expectation to travel throughout the south west and south Wales.
The job will require someone who is able to demonstrate at least 2 years post qualification experience in undertaking Rural Surveying related work and including loan security valuations, therefore being a Registered Valuer is essential.
Formal qualification to degree level that is accredited by the RICS and/or qualified as a Member of the RICS.
Registered Valuer status.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and clients.
- The ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion, with a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- A willingness to be part of a team and to interact with other professional staff.
- The ability to learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change.
- The ability to accept responsibility and, within parameters defined by the immediate performance manager, work on their own initiative.
- A willingness to undertake business development.
- A proactive approach to work.
- The ability to produce clear and concise written reports and recommendations.
- A good working knowledge of IT is essential, in particular a familiarity with and understanding of the Microsoft Office packages and preferably good keyboard skills.
- Fee Earner – maximise fee income.
- Client Manager – develop client management.
- Ensure delivery of service.
- To manage the utilisation of time for the team’s benefit. Maximising efficiency and optimising the profitability of work for the team.
- To deliver agreed budgets and targets.
- To deal with clients to a higher standard whilst retaining job profitability.
- Procurement of new work instructions wherever possible.
- Assist in the delivery of agreed budgets and be responsible for managing own performance whilst exceeding in core technical skills.
To provide support to other offices as directed.