A well established company, which was formed in 2010 and they take immense pride in their work, and their workforce, who are all highly skilled and all hold CSCS certifications. All of the sites are supported by full time supervisors and a H.S.E. officer who carries out monthly site visits and toolbox talks. With mainly specialising in new builds, timber frames, refurbishments and RC frames. They employ over a hundred staff and have a fleet of company vehicles.
My client has since added a new director to the company as it is expanding fast and going from strength to strength.
My clients has worked with one the largest British house building companies. This project was anticipated to last approximately 3 years or more – and they are still going strong 7 years later now building phase 5 having built phases 1, 2, 3 and 4 already!
I am looking for a senior time served QS to join my client on a permanent basis as our current QS is retiring.
The main requirement of this role is measurement and pricing of houses and flats both traditional build and timber frame for all of the main estate developers. Ideally this role would suit a mature, experienced person wishing to fit into a thriving family business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measuring of houses and flats both traditional build and timber frame
- Pricing of Bills of Quantities for Building Contractors
- Raising Invoices
- Final Account negotiations
- Attendance at site meetings and pre-order meetings
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ideally Degree qualified or other relative construction qualification
- The ability to estimate and measure from drawings and site plans is essential
- Have experience working on new build residential developments from start to finish
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Professional communications skills
- Must be a team player
- Must be computer literate in both Word & Excel and other Surveying Software
- Have a good working knowledge of the brickwork industry
- A full driving licence