QUANTITY SURVEYOR – Hampshire (Southampton)
£45,000 – £55,000 + Bens
We are currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor with previous experience in house building to join our busy Commercial team.
The successful applicant will be a key member of the team and must have the experience and personality to confidently undertake an array of tasks as listed below, with the potential to move on to a Senior Role in the future making use of the excellent training provided within the organisation.
It is essential for the post holder to be computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Key Tasks will include:
- Tender enquiries to Sub-Contractors
- Searching for and assessing potential new Sub-Contractors
- Analysing tender returns and comparisons, with an aim to ensuring packages are let with minimum risk to the Company.
- Agreeing & producing stage payments/contract breakdown
- Producing budgets
- Reviewing & reporting on a regular basis on the financial performance of each project
- Liaison and good communication with the Site Management Team – on a day-to-day basis
- Close liaison with the Technical Team & other departments
- Conversant with the requirements of Code for Sustainable Homes, Building Regs, Social Housing requirements/contracts, Secure By Design and other design standards.
- Producing Sub-Contracts & associated documents.
- Understanding the importance of Cost Coding and accurate reporting
- Helping the Company grow by having an input into new processes/procedures (along with the implementation)
- Close liaison with the Buying Team regarding cost & materials selection and optional procurement paths
- Understanding of planning requirements and restrictions.