Quantity Surveyor (Carpentry/Joinery/Fit Out) – Sevenoaks, Kent
My client are a successful carpentry and joinery company that have grown from strength to strength, forging relationships and gaining contracts within the residential and commercial markets, working on both new build, refurbishment and fit-out projects
As part of that growth, we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator to work within our friendly team on multiple projects within commercial, residential, new build and refurbishments with values up to £5m.
You will ideally have:
- BSc or HND (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying
- Experience of working in the carpentry and joinery sector
- Minimum of 5 years surveying experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, with the ability to alter style and manner to suit audience
- High level of integrity and drive for excellence
- Strong business and financial acumen with analytical skills
- Team player with ability to interact with Clients and colleagues at all levels.
You will be responsible for:
- Prepare take-offs/estimate carpentry tenders in line with bespoke written scope of works
- Undertake contract negotiations during the tender process and convert to orders
- Negotiate and procure materials for each project
- Provide commercial support throughout the project
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Attend client meetings as required
- Run multiple projects
If you have the relevant skills and experience we are looking for, share our high ethical and sustainable values and are looking to work in a friendly, forward thinking company where you will be valued, then please forward us a copy of your cv.