An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our expanding team based from our Croydon Head Office. This unique position offers you flexibility and the opportunity to develop your career!
Core tasks and Duties:
The role includes all aspects of quantity surveying and cost consultancy including; pre and post contract duties, preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates, contract administrative agreement of final accounts, value engineering and procurements / standardisation work:
- Ensure clients achieve their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive cost control and the provision of contractual advice;
- Managing internal resources to provide a full range of QS functions to enable projects to proceed from inception to completion;
- Attend meetings, prepare financial reports and monitor on the status of projects;
- Prepare full tender documentation together with advice on contractors, specialists, as well as advice on procurement routes;
- Full post contract Surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of account and disputes;
- Fulfilling the role of Independent Monitoring Surveyor including Initial due diligence report to assess the Funders risk profile, interim site inspections and draw down reports, liaison with the wider project team.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to:
- RICS approved structured APC training;
- Cross sector experience;
- Professional development training;
- Flexible but structured career path;
- Friendly working environment;
- Open communication with Senior Management;
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Hold a construction related degree;
- Completed or working towards APC for MRICS chartered status;
- Experience and knowledge of the Bank Monitoring process;
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload;
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude;
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career;
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care;
- Hold a full clean driving licence as this role will involve regular travel.
- Bank Monitoring: 1 year (Preferred)
- surveying: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- MRICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) (Preferred)