We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with purchasing experience to join our Purchasing Department on a permanent basis. Successful candidate will have relevant experience in stock control, purchasing, and retail.
Position: Purchasing Assistant
Location: Tottenham (N17)
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
No. of Vacancies: 1
Salary: £18,000.00 – £20,000.00
Hours: 37.5 hrs/week (9:00 – 17:00 or 9:30 – 17:30)
Benefits: 28 Days Holiday (including Bank Holidays), Staff Discount, Pension Scheme
About the Role
As a Purchasing Assistant, you will to work with vendors to place orders for products and raw materials that the Company needs, maintain the purchase order records, and communicate with the stores to ensure that stock level is always maintained at ideal level.
Duties include but not limited to:
- To maintain optimal levels of stock at all times including foreseeing supply and demand, taking strategic approach to replenishing so that both overstocking and running out of stock are avoided.
- To carry out entire phase of product purchasing which will involve selecting, negotiating with suppliers, tracking shipments, and receiving orders.
- To ensure purchases arrive on time and in good condition from both suppliers as well as during stock transfers to other store branches.
- To maintain an accurate inventory of both stock items and transactions including enter purchase details such as dates of purchase and receipt into internal databases.
- To be in charge with conducting regular price comparisons to ensure that the company is always getting the best price for products that are purchased.
- Fluent Chinese speaking and written skills are desirable – Mandarin or Cantonese
- Previous experience in stock controlling is essential
- Must have interpersonal skills to maintain good business relationships
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Attentive to details and can multitask
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Previous experience in Sage is desirable
- Must have the legal right to work in the UK (without sponsorship)