£30,000 – £35,000 plus car and benefits
Based North Manchester
This is an excellent opportunity for a Project Surveyor to join a leading provider of medical service facilities. Working closely with an external project manager whilst supporting the internal Acquisition and Implementation team, you will learn the full implementation process for new medical sites, supporting the future implementation and new site acquisitions.
My client is seeking an enthusiastic, flexible and logically minded individual to fulfil this post, covering the following responsibilities.
- Attend site selection visits to advise on building suitability
- Provide guidance, and advice on all elements of building structure, M&E and construction.
- Work alongside the architects to create a layout design, whilst working closely with the Planning Consultants to ensure accurate delivery.
- Liaise with lawyers, agents and planning consultants to field any technical questions, ensuring swift delivery of the acquisition (providing any technical specifications)
- Upon receipt of drawings, work with external consultant to produce tender packs based on the drawings (full specification packs)
- Assist with tender process, including working with tenderers, negotiation of tenders and preparing recommendations to the Head of Property for board sign off.
- Following Board approval, instruct a contractor and put terms of contract in place
- Overseeing the build process as a Project Manager
- Maintain regular contact with building control
- Work with the Head of Property at the end of the project to ensure all snagging works are completed
- Support the Head of Property in the coordination and delivery of key department projects such as assisting with small projects e.g. office re-locations and refurbishments
- A strong building surveying or quantity surveying background with proven Project Management experience
- MRICS desirable, but not essential
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to work on a number of key and important projects within varied deadlines
- Works at pace and able to move with changing prioritised
- Be in possession of a full and clean UK driving licence
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business who have solid growth plans and who are currently critical to ensuring that key medical facilities are open and operation.