Project Structural Engineer
Salary up to £34,000 +Benefits
With an ever-increasing workload and expanding client base our client is actively seeking a Project Structural Engineer to join a vibrant, friendly team in Ashford, Kent.
Candidates should have a minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience at post graduate level and be working towards achieving Chartered or Incorporated status.
The successful candidate will need to be well versed in computer analysis and be able to design in all structural materials. You will take an active role in project delivery, as part of a wider project team.
The successful candidate will be required to co-ordinate the work of graduates and technicians.
Requirements of the Project Structural Engineer role include;
- Working towards Chartered or Incorporated status.
- Ability to assist in the delivery of projects through to completion, and work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good communication skills.
- Software experience in TEDDS, Tekla Structural Designer, Fastrack Portal Frame, CADS Wall Panel, P Frame and MasterSeries Retaining Wall would be desirable.
Working as a Project Structural Engineer you will;
- Be responsible for working within a team of engineers and technicians in the delivery of civil and structural engineering projects.
- Responsible for the analysis and design of overall building structures using Design/Analysis software.
- Responsible for assisting in the coordination of CAD/Revit technicians ensure that an appropriate level of design information is included on production information.
- Visiting sites and attending site meetings.
- Involvement in internal and project design meetings.
- Attend external design meetings.
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
- Must hold a Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering.
- Must be IT literate with experience of structural design software packages.
Skills and Abilities;
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way with colleagues and clients.
- Must hold a valid driving licence.
Our client is offering a very competitive salary plus flexible benefits package.