About the role:
The client is a boutique firm, and a reputable firm of solicitors in Harrow providing expert legal advice nationally and internationally. They offer a bespoke service to our clients in a warm and friendly manner which is pragmatic and affordable to meet the needs of their clients.
The role involves undertaking Fee-Earning to adequate standards of accuracy and efficiency under supervision.
- To ensure that all work carried out or exceeds the requirements of the LAA Standard Contract, the SRA Code of Conduct and meets Quality Mark Standards.
- Dealing with indoor and outdoor casework for the team.
- Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases.
- Dealing with correspondence.
- Administrative tasks to include assisting with post, photocopying, speaking with clients on the telephone and taking instructions and/or messages.
Skills: Drafting of legal documents.
- Liaising with clients.
- Negotiating with relevant authorities.
- Advisory skills, advising clients on relevant process.
- Counselling of clients.
- Computing, both WP and computerized time costing.
- File, Case Management and Billing skills.
- Researching into specific aspects of relevant Law.
- Time Management, working to set deadlines.
- Attending Court with Counsel.
- Advocacy where possible.
- Attending PLO meetings.