About the role:
Responsible for ensuring that maintenance work is completed to Cornerstone’s standards and that group health, safety and wellbeing policies are followed. Responsibility for ensuring that all statutory regulatory requirements are met in relation to health, safety and compliance in relation to maintenance activities.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Manager:
- Leading Cornerstone’s Repairs and maintenance team to achieve above and beyond service targets.
- Ensure a high performing empty property service is provided through liaising with Cornerstone’s Housing Team bringing innovation to the team to ensure that target times are met and where possible surpassed.
- Driving up resident satisfaction with the repairs service.
- Responding to and satisfactorily closing down any complaints, identifying learning
- Points and trends for improvement
- Controlling the responsive repairs budget to ensure that it is sustainable and also
- Provide an effective management information system using Cornerstone’s Pyramid and Connect electronic systems.
- Ensuring that Cornerstone is getting the best Value for Money out of its repairs and maintenance service including any procurement of outside services.
- Supervision, mentoring and empowerment of Cornerstone’s trade staff and Property Services administrators.
- Organisation of Cornerstone’s planned and cyclical maintenance delivery as required.
- Lead on CDM, Health and Safety law and other regulatory requirements in regards to repairs and maintenance activities.
- Ensure the effective 24/7 service delivery of the repairs service and be on-call for out-of-hours emergencies.
- Provide a technical lead in maintenance policies and procedures ensuring that they are carried out effectively alongside initiating reviews as required to manage risk and meet changes in current regulatory and statutory obligations.
- Provide a facilities management function alongside the M&E Compliance Manager for Cornerstone’s properties including its corporate offices and depot.
- Contribute to managers meetings alongside preparing reports as required for the Executive Team and Board.
- Prepare the annual budget for your business area, monitoring expenditure and
- Providing monthly performance and financial forecasts to your line manager.
- Ensure that where possible Cornerstone’s insurance policies are used to reduce the risk of financial loss to the business.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Property Services.
Requirements of the Maintenance Manager:
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager to lead the delivery of our repairs and maintenance function, including; empty homes repairs, cyclical works, grounds & estates maintenance, facilities management and carbon reduction initiatives.
- Degree level education or equivalent experience in related subject
- NEBOSH or equivalent.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Electrical qualification.
- Gas qualification.
- Demonstrable experience identified within the experience section
- Driving Licence