My client is one of the UK’s largest foodservice suppliers based in Hertfordshire. Due to internal promotions they are looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
Support the companies planned maintenance schedules and carry out planned maintenance tasks as required
Be focused on machine observation with regard to identifying potential failing or deteriorating parts that could impact on output waste or production quality.
Maintaining and repairing equipment such as bearings, shafts, motor drives, dividers, moulders, provers, pinners, mixers etc
The repair of electrical control panels and installations
Maintenance of an accurate list and selection of spare parts for key machinery
Familiarity with health and safety procedures in the factory and ensure that they are maintained at all times
Ensure the Company complies with government and local authority fire and electrical regulations and that all electrical equipment is maintained to the highest standard.
Responsible for immediate reporting of glass/ Perspex breakage
Ensure all onsite contractors are briefed on health and safety and fire risks and wear the correct food safety clothing in the bakery at all times
Maintain a clean and safe environment in the engineer’s workshop
Any other duties as required from time to time
• You will be expected to have flexibility to work on shifts as required providing breakdown and maintenance support on a varied range of plant and machinery.
• You will usually work 5 shifts each week (occasionally 6) including weekend working as per the rota
• You will be expected to be on call on night for any issues (coverage is shared between the team on a roster basis).
Skills and Experience Required
• Flexible and reliable working attitude with strong service focus
• Must be able to prioritise work effectively, have a positive attitude and be able to respond quickly and work well under pressure when breakdowns occur.
• Qualified with proven electrical and mechanical knowledge (certificates will be checked at interview)
• Significant engineering experience
• Ideally experience of working in a food environment (preferred not essential)
• Competent and able so that repairs are resolved quickly with minimal downtime.
• Computer literate.