Home/ Field Based Building Surveyor – South-West England
Working Hours – 09:00 – 17:30, Monday – Friday
Salary – £30,000 – £35,000
Contract – Permanent
Who we are?
Cardoe Martin is a RICS Chartered Building Surveying and Property Consultancy, providing a full range of surveying, project and consultancy services. Founded in 2001, and supporting both the commercial and residential sectors, we are proud of our great reputation and the relationships built with our clients over many years.
Cardoe Martin is a place where hard work is acknowledged and rewarded, where development is nurtured and supported, where values are never compromised and where success is celebrated.
We are a responsible modern organisation, with best practice a fundamental part of our DNA. We’re ever conscious of the need for balance: superlative client service with sustainability; management excellence with staff motivation; financial prudence with a permanent programme of growth and improvement.
At Cardoe Martin, the team are dedicated to maintaining our exacting standards of professionalism and expertise and to this end we endeavour to recruit, train and retain the highest calibre of staff. We constantly adapt to take account of industry developments, new legislation and technological innovations.
Every great Cardoe Martin experience needs great people!
Be a part of an exciting, innovative and forward-looking property constancy, our Head Office is located opposite Fenchurch Street with regional offices in Sheffield and Croydon, offering our services nationwide ensuring professional delivery of any project.
What makes a Cardoe Martin Building Surveyor?
- you’ll carry out inspections in respect of Building Reinstatement Cost Assessments (BRCA’S) for residential apartment blocks located nationally.
- you’ll work on a variety of sites located nationally and these properties range from small converted apartment blocks to large modern purpose-built apartment blocks.
- you’ll be responsible for liaising with various suppliers, clients and managing agents to arrange site inspections.
- you’ll inspect sites of works produced by the supplier to determine the feasibility of the installations and determine any possible issues such as Health & Safety.
- you’ll inspect fire compartmentation and fire stopping to assess the current condition and proposals post installation.
- you’ll review Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Construction Phase plans, ensuring all documents are complete.
- you’ll carry out post work inspections (PWI) and check quality of works.
- you’ll attend meetings in fulfilment of the Cardoe Martin Ltd service obligations – including but not limited to internal meetings, fire officers, council officials and residents’ associations.
- you’ll be part of the BRCA project – and be required to carry site inspections and take on site measurements.
Working with Cardoe Martin is more than a job, it’s a career!
As a Cardoe Martin Building Surveyor, you’ll receive
- Support with your career development aspirations with fully funded training programmes.
- Exclusive savings on travel, shopping, restaurants and health and fitness through our benefits portal. Including, but not limited to discounts at Virgin Media, Virgin Active, TM Lewin, Charles Tyrwhitt, Apple, Samsung, BT Broadband, EE, Deliveroo, The Gym, Nespresso and much much more.
- A competitive salary
- Private Medical Care for Managers and Employees following a qualifying period
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Discretionary Bonuses
- Enrolment into the Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including support on matters such as Family, Health, Money and Work.
- Participate in our Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- and so much more!