Health & Safety Manager 12 month Fixed Term Contract up to £45,000 + benefits Newcastle / North East
Your new company
We are delighted to be working with an executive public body organisation to recruit a Health & Safety and Wellbeing Manager for a minimum of 12 months. You will join a strong team, working with the Head of HR and the Executive Director Team regarding the organisations Health, Safety and Wellbeing policies and governance.
Your new role
Your role as Health & Safety Manager will be interesting and diverse as you work with the organisation to ‘return to normality’ and be ‘COVID secure’. This will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Overseeing Estates teams liaising and managing FM organisation that are employed.
- Work with Exec Team to ensure that the organisation can return to normality and is COVID secure
- Advising on H&S Governance
- Presenting to and influencing Senior Leadership team regarding things like: PPE; risk assessments; safety at work.
- Working to re-open the office safely and securely
- Educating internal staff regarding new policies and procedures
- Strong focus also on staff well-being (i.e. Mental Health Awareness)
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, we are seeking a candidate who is an experienced H&S Manager with experience working in high-risk environments.
You will also hold the following skills & qualifications:
- NEBOSH Diploma (or Level 6 equivalent)
- A proven track record writing and implementing policies
- The ability to liaise with all members of staff, and to influence senior leadership team regarding Health, Safety, Compliance and Governance issues.
You will also ideally have the following:
- Chartered Member of IOSH OR another relevant professional body.
- Experience with muscular-skeletal issues and carrying out workstation assessments
- Well-being / Mental Health experience i.e. Mental Health First Aid
What you’ll get in return
- Home & flexible work options are available
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Laptop & Mobile