Fresh Produce (Vegetable) Supervisor
Loon Fung has been one of the leading Chinese supermarket since our first establishment in central London in 1965. As one of the first Chinese supermarkets in the UK, we have become not only the landmark of London’s vibrant and bustling Chinatown, but also the embodiment of oriental culture in the region. Since then, we thrive to provide excellent products close to our hearts from Asia, all while illustrating the Chinese spirit of sharing with the London community.
Explore roles at Loon Fung and become part of our family…
Contract: Full time, permanent
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 per year
Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Keeping tracks on stock level, delivery schedules, and product quality of different suppliers;
- Liaising with different suppliers in regards to purchasing orders and quality control;
- Arranging different products to be promoted or sell in store in favour of customer needs which may be affected by weather, festivals, or events;
- Ensuring reasonable stocks for central items and arranging products to be deliver to other stores when needed;
- Reviewing the pricing of all vegetables and fruits in relations to sales record and make amendments as needed;
- Ensuring the quality of all vegetables and fruits are up to the company’s standards;
- Overseeing the packaging process of all vegetables and fruits to manage the wastage and shrinkage of products.
- Fluent Chinese speaking and written skills is essential – Mandarin or Cantonese;
- Previous experience in purchasing and stock control is essential;
- Fast-learner with the ability to memorise vast amount of information in a timely manner;
- Must have the legal right to work in the UK (without sponsorship).
Apply now to build your career at Loon Fung, the leading oriental wholesaler and retailer in London.