This global manufacturing/logistics business just outside of Birmingham is looking to appoint an experienced Finance Manager to take ownership of their head office finance function.
This role will see you provide valuable commercial support to decisions in the business, implement robust financial controls and the provision of management accounts (incl. detailed variance analysis, KPI reports and commentary) for senior operational staff – information used to directly inform important commercial business decisions. You will also be involved in managing a team of 6, operational planning and be heavily involved in spearheading cost-saving initiatives.
Ideally, you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with demonstrable experience in managing a small team
- Have extensive experience of providing financial support to senior stakeholders in the business
- Be an all-round Finance Manager who also has involvement in the statutory accounts
- Be able to demonstrate instances in which you have been able to add direct value to your business area through cost-saving initiatives and general business / reporting improvements
In return, you will:
- Work in a senior management capacity for this global business
- Complete autonomy in your role, organising your own workload and generating / leading your own projects and managing a team
- Be encouraged to exercise your commercial business acumen in terms of increasing margins and improving contract business
- Enjoy genuine opportunities to advance and progress your career in a successful, growing and highly commercial global business
This operationally-focussed senior finance role is a great position for a talented, commercial qualified accountant to test their business and value-adding skills in an environment that will reward this type of success with clear progression opportunities.