Our client manufactures and supplies life science research, healthcare, analytical chemistry, and other markets. Due to expansion plans they are now looking for Facilities Project Manager with Project Management experience with labs and manufacturing for Pharmaceutical companies and preferably can speak a few languages (not essential)
The incumbent will lead or coordinate construction projects, such as developing a new facility, the addition, expansion, or extension of an existing facility, or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management. Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel, and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time .
Responsible for the successful planning and execution of facility projects throughout the UK & EMEA region. Lead teams of internal and external subject matter experts to deliver cost effective solutions to space needs.
Facility types may include office, laboratory, clean manufacturing, chemical manufacturing, R&D and Product Distribution.
Essential Job Responsibilities: % of Job
- 50 Lead Project Teams
- 25 Develop and Evaluate Alternatives and Options
- 15 Develop User Group Needs and Wants
- 5 Consultant and Contractor RFP and Selection
- 5 Evaluation of Existing and Potential Sites (familiar with Laboratory and manufacturing)
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (SKA):
- Project Management
- Engineering & Construction Technology
- Effective Listening & Communication
- Meeting Facilitation – desired
- Budget Preparation and Tracking
- English Proficiency
- Education: List minimum education required to be considered for the position and preferred education or specific majors.
- Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Building Construction
- Degree or Certificate in Project Management – desired
- 10+ Years Work Experience in Architecture, Engineering, Facility Management or Construction
- Demonstrated record of progressive responsibility
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Completed Projects throughout Europe – required and the Emerging Markets countries – desired.
- Environment/Working Conditions: Please specify any equipment, tools or systems, physical demands or special conditions required to perform the job.
- Position is based in a sales office
- Working environments will include construction sites and temporary job site trailers on occasion
- Travel is fundamental to the position.
Decision Making Authority:
- High degree of autonomy. Individual will interview, evaluate and recommend consultants and vendors for multi-million dollar contracts.
- Responsible for achieving critical milestone dates with potential impact on new product launch schedules
Interaction with other departments:
% of Time Position Titles
- 10% Director, Planning & Capital Projects
- 20% Plant & Site Managers and their Staffs
- 40% Architects, Engineers and other outside Professional Consultants & Internal Peers in IT, etc.
- 25% Tradesmen in the Construction Field
- 5% Internal VP, SVP and EVP
Other languages would be desirable apart from English.