My client is a well-established/leading plumbing and heating contractor, supporting successful residential new build projects across the Kent area.
They are looking for an individual who prepares cost estimates for plumbing and heating implementations for new build residential projects, projects ranging from £50k – £1.6m. The chosen estimator must rely on the use of construction plans and their own experience in the industry to prepare and analyze project budgets and spending.
The right Candidates should have strong math and analytical skills, as well as an eye for detail and communication skills. Much of the information used in estimating comes from construction drawings, it is critical that an estimator can read and understand the drawings. To help with cost analysis, it is also helpful to have extensive experience in the industry.
The right Candidate should have strong communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with team members
The right Candidate should have a thorough understanding of computers, especially word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Role / Responsibilities
• Production of accurate prime cost for the project, Preparation & co-ordination of the full tender process, Identify areas of risk and opportunity,
• Preparation of detailed quotations
• Enhancing and maintaining good business relationship with internal and external parties,
• Develop knowledge of market place and competitors,
• Coordination with the different departments towards reaching daily objectives,
• Reporting to the MD/Commercial Director
• Liaising with staff and clients at all levels,
• Have experience of estimating and general processes
• On the tools plumbing and heating experience
• Have a good understanding of plumbing and heating as a whole and previously put quotes together in relation to this
• Strong understanding of Client Specifications and Product Standards for General Structural
• Strong communication skills, very precise attention to detail
• MS Office skills, competence in the use of word processing and spreadsheets
• Having the drive to succeed at all times,
• Can do, pro-active attitude essential