Our People Are Our Greatest Resource
Engineering and Maintenance Manager – Energy Recovery Facility (ERF), Ardley
Salary – Competitive
we’re one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies and part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group. We put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy and are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy. We’re undergoing rapid change and development which provides opportunities for those who are seeking a role to make their mark and drive forward a best in class performance.
Fast growing and investing over £1.2bn in the development of a network of state-of-the-art Energy Recovery Facilities across the UK, we’re already established as one of the largest operators in the UK and looking to become the largest. The ERFs reduce the reliance on landfill or exporting waste for treatment whilst becoming a revenue generating business.
Our Ardley ERF is fully operational and will require an experienced Engineering and Maintenance Manager to work alongside the Operations Manager and EHS Manager to develop and maintain the state-of-the-art facility.
As our Engineering and Maintenance Manager you will be fully responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of Ardley ERF maximising production, minimising downtimes and adhering to full compliance. You will be responsible for all engineering and maintenance aspects of the site ensuring all maintenance schedules are up to date. Working closely with the Operations Manager, you will work to continually improve facility efficiencies and maintain high productivity.
Our ideal Engineering and Maintenance Manager will have:
- Experience in practical implementation of a corporate management system with a flexible approach to ensure that critical work is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Extensive engineering experience of the process industry or power industry, including the management of PSSR legislation.
- Experience working with Maintenance Management systems.
- Strong leadership skills to lead and develop a new team in a start-up scenario with a no compromise approach to health, safety and environmental compliance, preferably at a senior level within a large department.
- Commercial awareness and budgetary responsibility for maintenance and defect support.
- Experience of contractor management to deliver against KPI’s.
- Full UK driving licence.