The Holiday Inn Corby is proud to offer the position of Chef de Partie. We require dynamic, friendly staff to operate in our kitchen, responsible for organizing a kitchen sector and cooking to our standardized menu specifications for a variety of guests and customers. Prepare and serve food for our recently refurbished all-day dining area and bustling open lobby.
With constant training, personal development, promotion opportunities, job news across 4,900+ IHG hotels and reward incentives, the Holiday Inn Corby is the perfect place to work and grow. We offer a great remuneration package to suit experience.
To run your section of the kitchen and assist in the smooth running of the kitchen as a whole
In accordance with standard operating procedures (S.O.P).
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare and cook foodstuffs in their assigned section in accordance with set procedures and as directed.
- Supervise Commis Chefs and assist in their development.
- Participate in our “Front of House Chef” role where you can interact with customers and get direct feedback and satisfaction from seeing customers enjoying your work firsthand.
- Man our chef station, where you can fry, flip and wow our customers with an open-display pancake station.
- Adhering to cleaning schedules and within government regulations maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Ensure correct and hygienic handling/processing of foods
- Exercising proper control of company stock and property and ensuring correct and safe storage of foodstuffs including effective Date Labelling system
- Ensure correct portion control as instructed by the Head Chef
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of Staff meals
- To keep head Chef abreast of any requirements needed by section
- To attend kitchen brief on the days business
- Never operate any piece of equipment or appliance unless having been trained in its use
- To operate and clean equipment correctly and safely adhering to cleaning and maintenance schedule
- Undertake any reasonable duties that may be assigned by the Head/Sous Chef
- Ensuring a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times
- Prepare dishes as required
- To ensure your department’s shift procedures are followed in order to meet financial and statutory requirements and support the delivery of outstanding customer service.
These are your minimum standard of performance. Each one is summarised below:
- To demonstrate a high standard of personal appearance, always wearing the protective clothing supplied and ensuring good personal hygiene
- To have a full and up-to-date knowledge of hotel products and services
- To ensure all telephone calls are handled politely and efficiently, ascertaining and accurately meeting the caller’s needs
- To deliver friendly and professional service to customers at the ‘table’ positively promoting the dishes available
- To produce food which is of good quality, taste and appearance, served at the correct temperature and which accurately meets customers needs
- To handle complaints promptly and professionally, demonstrating genuine care and concern
- To maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of your department, its fixtures, fittings and equipment
- Complying fully with all regulations relating to Health & Safety, employee conduct, hygiene and food handling, fire precautions and emergency procedures and COSHH regulations
- To ensure all legal and statutory regulations and responsibilities are met in order to maintain a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and our customers
It is a requirement of the hotel and company that all employees avail themselves to training and communication meetings as required for which advance warning will always be given.