We wish to recruit a well presented confident Care Coordinator who is able to communicate at all levels
35 hours per week
Monday to Friday (plus on call rota)
(12 month Contract)
Summary of the Role:
Barnet Carers Centre’s Community and Home Support Service provides flexible social and personal care in the home and community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with a team of 45 Personal Care Assistants.
- We are looking for an outgoing individual with experience in Supervising, Personal Care Assistants
- knowledge of recruitment and training and experienced in assessing service users care needs.
- You will need to be self motivated, well organised, have a high level of clear verbal and written communication skills.
- You will also need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work confidently, have a number of administrative skills including IT, organisational and secretarial skills.
- An understanding of confidentiality and equality & diversity are essential. You will also be expected to promote all services offered by the Centre.
- You will need to work with the Community and Home Support Service Team to ensure that the high quality of care to clients is maintained.
A satisfactory DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Closing date for Applications: 9am on Tuesday 10th April 2018
Interviews for shortlisted candidates: Tuesday 17th April 2018
COMMUNITY AND HOME SUPPORT SERVICE (CHSS)
- Purpose:To ensure that Barnet Carers Centre provides a high-quality service to its service users (carers and individuals with support needs) always in the home and in the community. To be responsible for the efficient deployment and supervision of suitable Personal Care Assistants PCA’s).
- Responsibleto: Care Manager
- Responsible for: Assisting the Care Manager with the efficient delivery of the Community and Home Support Service (CHSS), promoting the service and the management/supervision of PCAs. Implementing client’s needs and risk assessment into a personalised care plan.
- Hours: 35 hours/per week
- To support all colleagues by promoting the services offered by Barnet Carers Centre to all of its existing service users, new service users and people who are potential future service users.
- To work with the Care Manager and other colleagues to achieve increased take up by service users of privately funded hours of service according to the relevant agreed targets and all other CHSS services by promoting the full range of services and options available.
- To ensure the efficient co-ordination of PCA scheduling
- To support the Care Manager with the retention of the PCAs, by providing them with support to fulfil their roles in the field, whether in the client’s home or in the community including the despatch of time sheets and other communications as and when required.
- To support the Care Manager with the organisation and coordination of training for PCAs
- To offer all PCAs regular support and to monitor their performance, keeping records of compliments and complaints. Make sure all serious issues are dealt with by line manager.
- Respond to PCA’s queries, providing appropriate guidance where relevant
- To allocate PCA’s schedules on a weekly basis and organise with volunteers whenever possible to send out time sheets.
- To ensure that service users’ needs and wants are taken into consideration throughout the assessment process.
- Carry out initial assessments, risk assessments and prepare personal care plans, prior to PCA’s instruction to visit service user.
- Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service.
- To fully comply at all times with Barnet Carers Centre’s policies and procedures.
- Qualified to NVQ/QCF level 3 in Health and Social Care or working towards (or equivalent qualification)
- Knowledge of health and safety and risk assessment processes
- Knowledge of the personalisation of care and support services and of good care principles
- To hold a current driving licence and have use of a car insured for business purposes and for which a mileage allowance will be paid
- To be able to carry out On Call duties as per rota system
- Experience of working within a home care agency and carer support organisation
- To work positively and professionally with individuals who are often under stress and experiencing distressful situations