My client has become one of the most experienced and well established independent Building Surveying practices in the Cotswolds, offering a wide range of surveying, architectural and design services to residential and commercial clients.
Due to an expanding client portfolio and an ever increasing demand on our professional services, we are seeking an energetic Building Surveyor to join our team. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus scheme and the opportunity to work on historic and Listed building projects.
Working from our offices in Cirencester, the role will predominantly involve carrying out building surveys, preparation for and administering repair and refurbishment contracts. Other activities will include:
- Working as part of a design team involved in Planning, Listed Building and Refurbishment work
- Preparing Planning Applications and Listed Building Consent
- Advising clients on regulatory compliance with regards to Building Regulations, CDM Regulations and Party Wall
- Insurance Reinstatement Cost Assessments.
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations
Successful candidates will ideally have at least two years post qualification experience or be newly Chartered with good knowledge of survey work, refurbishment, project management and design. Candidates close to becoming Chartered will also be considered. A good understanding of traditional construction, defect diagnosis and repair are essential as are good communication skills, enthusiasm and a willingness to work as part of a team.