Who are they and what do they do?
A main contractor who was established 40 years ago. Undertakes projects in various sectors including pharmaceutical, education, retail, residential, commercial and more.
They have been growing steadily over the past ten years. Annual turnover was £91m in 2012 and this increased to £165m in 2016. This sustained growth is aided by the fact that a large proportion of their work is awarded on a repeat order basis from an expanding client base.
What are they looking for?
An ambitious assistant QS with main contractor experience.
- Experience of working for a main contractor on new build, civils or refurbishment projects
- Experience in assisting with the preparation of contracts, cash flow forecasts and final accounts.
- Knowledge of relevant building and construction regulations and standards.
- Strong numerical and IT skills
- Financially astute.
- Proven track record of maximising profit on contracts from £500k +.
- Excellent supply chain relationships.
What are they offering?
Salary range is between £20k and £30k pa plus package and they also offer ongoing training and development and a support path to RICS chartership if desired.