My client is a highly successful high-end residential consultancy, based in a beautiful location in London. They pride themselves on delivering and maintaining the highest standards in quality, for very high end clients.
An Assistant QS is required for their busy Mayfair office. Previous high-end residential experience a must and a consultancy background ideal. Projects range anything from £2m – £27m Projects are UK wide but this is a purely office based role.
This is a permanent career opportunity. Salary to be negotiated depending on experience and sale incentives will also be offered.
Role / Responsibilities
• Provision of financial expertise in the delivery of the practice’s service to its clients.
• To produce estimates for construction schemes under the supervision of a Partner, Associate or Senior Surveyor.
• To produce tender documents for construction schemes under the supervision of a Partner, Associate or Senior Surveyor.
• To prepare valuations, financial statements and produce and agree final accounts with contractors for construction works under the supervision of a Partner, Associate or Senior Surveyor.
• To undertake all works in accordance with the firms QA procedures.
• To advise the Partner, Associate or Senior Surveyor of disputes with contractors as and when they arise.
• Work in a team in undertaking the Practice’s business.
• Undertake liaison with other members of the construction team as and when required to efficiently undertake the Practice’s work.
• To comply with existing and future legislation relating to the work being undertaken.
• To represent and promote the Practice at meetings when called upon to do so.
• May at times be required to supervise junior surveyors.
• Between three to five years post qualification experience.
• Specific knowledge of JCT and other forms of contract
• Previous PQS experience ideal
• High-end residential project experience
• Minimum BSc in Quantity Surveying and ideally working towards MRICS membership of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
• The post holder will be a team player capable of working to deadlines. With a flexible approach to financial management.
• The post holder will be physically and mentally able to undertake the full remit of the responsibilities of the post.
• A full UK driving licence is desirable