We have an exciting new opportunity for an Architectural Technician to join a close-knit, RIBA Chartered architectural practice, having an office based just South of Middlesbrough. You will get the chance to work on a wide variety of projects, particularly within the high end residential, domestic, housing developments, listed buildings and various commercial projects.
As part of this role, you will be preparing drawings, designs, specifications and schedules and assisting with client management. You will also be coordinating architects/ technicians and with training (if you don’t already have this experience) you will be mentoring more junior members of staff. You will already have a number of years’ worth of experience within the UK, with a proven ability to design in accordance with statutory design requirements. This is a client facing role so you must be a confident and capable individual.
To work as an Architectural Technician you must:
- Be qualified to degree level in Architectural Technology (or equivalent)
- Ideally already have a number of years’ worth of experience in practice
- You should also be able to demonstrate a keen interest and passion for residential architecture which will be supported by a portfolio of work
- Ideally you will have strong working knowledge of AutoCad and ideally SketchUp (although this is not essential)
- You will have sound knowledge of UK building regulations/ producing and submitting planning applications
- Strong design flair
- Possess strong communication skills