I am looking to speak to confident candidates who have exceptional customer service skills and a keen eye for detail. Are you able to communicate effectively and get to the bottom of your customers queries with ease? do you enjoy resolve issues to ensure your customers go away feeling satisfies and will want to recommend you to over and over again.
8 am -4.30 pm
10 am-6.30 pm
1 x Saturday in a month – 8.30 am – 4pm
1x Sunday in a month – 8 am – 3.30 pm
If you work a weekend shift you get a day off in the week.
This is on a rota basis that is given a month in advance so that you are aware of your shift pattern for that month.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a short-term finance business based in Essex who employ over 150 staff. The company is considered a leader in its market; the level of customer feedback is outstanding and the business won ‘Best Short Term Loan Provider’ and ‘Customer Service Champion’ in the 2016 Consumer Credit Awards by Smart Money People.
Main Purpose of the Role:
Reviewing returning customers’ loan applications ensuring all compliance and loan detail checks are carried out 100% accurately prior to funding.
Main Duties and Responsibilities for Underwriting
- To be responsible for the manual processing of first time customer applications. The process includes confirming the customer’s personal details and carrying out affordability assessments and ensuring the customer fully understands our product.
- Offering a friendly and helpful point of contact and ensuring all our customers are treated fairly
- Listening to customer queries to ensure the best outcome is achieved for customer, whilst providing excellent customer service
- Achieving daily and monthly individual targets, which will help the growth of the department and company
- Follow the company’s responsible lending policy and ensure a responsible lending decision is made
- To answer a high number of incoming calls and make outbound calls to customers. Communication may be required by email also.
This is a summary of the role and the employee is expected to undertake additional ad-hoc duties as and when necessary to fulfil the needs of the business.
Person Specification /Skills/Education and Attributes:
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths
- Familiar with the financial services marketplace or regulated environment- desirable
- Confident telephone manner – Experience in telephone work is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent communication at all levels
- A personable approach
- Good listening skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Ability to manage own work load and meet strict deadlines
- Work as an effective team member – be co-operative, support others
- Excellent customer service – ability to provide solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, good negotiation skills
- A knowledge of computers and office software
- Excellent administrative skills
I will be pre-screening all candidates initially and sending over to my client. You will have a competency based telephone interview with a member of HR and then they will invite you in for a final face to face.
- 28 days, incl. Bank Holidays, per annum, with an additional day’s per year of service (capped at 33 days).
- Pension Scheme
- Healthshield (cash back scheme)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye Test/ Glasses
- Last Working Day Lunch paid for by Company
- Various incentives
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Please note that this role requires a DBS check.